Summer Events in Edmond, Oklahoma
Just because you are packing and moving to Edmond does not mean that you have to miss out on summer activities. On the contrary, it provides a whole new slew of opportunities to explore new events and attractions. For a summer that your local Edmond movers promise will be anything but boring, make sure to mark these events on your calendar and get ready to fall in love with Edmond!
- Edmond Farmer’s Market and Junior Market. Running every Wednesday until August, the Farmer’s Market sells regionally grown produce and food items that are made in Oklahoma, and items that are sold by the local youth. The Junior Market is a great way to get your kids involved after moving to Edmond, so that they can make friends and learn about green-living at the same time.
- Touch-a-Truck. Police officers, firemen and construction workers gather at this fundraising event in order to give kids of all ages the chance to get up-close and personal with vehicles; such as: firetrucks, police cars, a solid waste truck and an Edmond Electric bucket truck. Admission costs go to the Edmond Hope Center in order to benefit residents in need, so take a break from unpacking moving boxes and get acquainted with the community at this local event.
- Kids All-American Fishing Derby. For kids ages 5-15, this annual summer fishing tournament will, without a doubt, get your kids excited for your upcoming move to Edmond. A great way for your children to make new friends – all you have to do is send them on their way with bait, fishing equipment, a hat, sunscreen, sunglasses and some snacks! You can even get your kids equipped for this event to spend the day having fun in their new city, while you finish getting settled in after your move.
- LibertyFest Rodeo. Have your kids ever seen a live rodeo before? Well, now is your chance! Get ready to see first-hand, some of Edmond’s best bareback riding, barrel racing, bull riding, calf roping, saddle bronc riding, steer wrestling and team roping. Who knows, afterwards, it may inspire your family to pick up some horseback riding lessons on the side.
- Oklahoma Route 66 Corvette Round Up. One of the best family-friendly events in Oklahoma, the Route 66 Corvette Round Up honors the famous Route 66 road with a presentation of corvettes from the state of Oklahoma. Edmond movers enjoy delicious food, lively music, door prizes and a silent auction at this local event.
- UCO Summerstock Presents: “Guys & Dolls.” Showing at the University of Central Oklahoma, the summer presentation of “Guys and Dolls” from the theater students is not only extremely affordable, it is also a great way to get the entire family involved in the arts after moving to Edmond.
- LibertyFest Concert in the Park at UCO. For the past 62 years, the concert in the park at UCO continues to be one of the most popular events at the university. University of Central Oklahoma’s longest running musical traditions, the concert generally showcases multiple types of music, from light classics, marches and patriotic music.