Easing Your Kids into Oklahoma City
Moving can be tough on your youngsters. Leaving their friends, school, and other familiar settings is a bummer. But do not just let them sulk around the new house. Take them out and explore their new home of Oklahoma City. There is so much to do in town, and your Oklahoma City moving and storage service company knows of a few things that your kids will just love!
Take it Outside
- Who doesn’t love the zoo? Especially the Oklahoma City Zoo, which is one that is highly regarded. Child’s Magazine ranked the OKC Zoo as number three in the country for “best zoos for kids,” and it came in among the top five in Microsoft’s “America’s Favorite Zoo” contest. There are tons of top-notch exhibits; like: the Elephant Habitat, Great EscAPE, the Butterfly Garden, and the Children’s Zoo. Kids under three get in free, and tickets are fairly inexpensive for the rest of the family!
- Andy Alligator’s Fun Park is an amusement park located in Norman for kids. It boasts rides, a water park, bumper boats, rock climbing, mini golf, bowling, video games, go-karts, and a slew of other activities. It is a great place for birthday parties, but it is also a great place to take your kids after moving to Oklahoma City. Show them how fun their new town is at Andy Alligator’s!
- Looking to pull out all the stops? Then Tiger Safari it is! The interactive zoological park was voted as a top destination for children in Oklahoma in 2013, and it is no wonder why. These guided or self-guided tours take you through wild habitats, where you will get to get up close and personal with animals you would only see from a distance at the zoo. The Sundowner Safari lets you explore the habitats at night, when many of the animals are active. You can even rent an African Safari Hut for an overnight visit. Depending on how old your kids are, that can be an experience they will never forget!
Learn a Little
- The Science Museum Oklahoma is a wonderful place for kids to explore and learn. There are always a ton of exhibits, galleries and events. Exhibits like “Grossology: The (Impolite) Science of the Human Body,” “Aviation: the Sky’s the Limit,” and “Destination Space” will engage your kids and ensure that they are learning something new.
- The Sam Noble Museum is a museum of exhibitions for your youngsters to explore. The Discovery Room is great for young children. The hands-on exhibit is a stimulating environment, full of tabletop activities and scavenger hunts. The museum also hosts “Discovery Time” each Saturday and Sunday afternoon, at 2 p.m. and 2:30 p.m., respectively. There is also “It’s Feeding Time!” every Saturday at 11:30 a.m., where kids can observe reptiles and other critters during their feeding time.
While moving to Oklahoma City may be stressful for your kids, you can help them explore their new home and appreciate all that it has to offer. It is a city with so much to do, especially for families and children, so your Oklahoma City movers know that your children will feel at home in no time!