Decorating Your Maryland Backyard
Getting ready to decorate your back yard is always exciting – just think about all the possibilities! Who doesn’t love shopping for household supplies or furniture? The thrill of going to Bed Bath & Beyond to choose cushions that match the seasons, sitting on lounge chairs, or picking out the perfect pitcher for your lemonade – it truly can be a magical day.
If you don’t know where to even start decorating your Maryland backyard, though, fear not! The Maryland movers of All My Sons Moving & Storage will help you figure out the process to design the backyard of your dreams.
How to Decorate Your Backyard
Decorating your backyard is just like decorating the inside of your house. It’s best to start with a budget to keep yourself on track and not go overboard with the spending. Next, you will want to pick a theme to follow throughout your yard. In Maryland, perhaps something nautical will suit the occasion nicely, but don’t let your location limit your imagination.
Once you have established a budget and chosen your theme, look for inspiration online and ways to make sure everything is cohesive. If you’re going for a beachy or relaxing vibe, Adirondack chairs are perfect for a beachy and relaxing vibe, especially if they look a little weathered or white-washed. Wicker love seats are great for a more comfortable and entertaining atmosphere. Bonus points if you add a fire pit to roast marshmallows and keep warm on those cool nights.
If some of these items are essentially storage turned into decor, it’s about time you call our Maryland local movers to help you get them out of storage and arranged in your backyard. Once your budget is set, your theme is chosen, and your furniture is out, it’s time to put everything together to create the perfect vibe.
It’s All In Your Backyard Details
Accent pieces and other little details are key to decorating your Maryland backyard. Spacious backyards can be overwhelming to decorate, but with a bit of planning, you can turn it into an oasis. If you don’t have a lot of space to work with, you can still create the ideal vibe with smaller and fewer pieces that make a big impact.
- Paint: Painting the fence is one of the easier, budget-friendly projects that can make a big impact in your yard. Choose a clean, neutral color to achieve a sense of tranquility in your yard so you can relax. On the other hand, you can get artsy with your fence if you think a neutral color is a little too Plain Jane. It’s the perfect canvas for a splash of color or an interesting mural that will definitely be a conversation piece when you host guests.
- Hang some lights: A string of lights goes a lot farther than you think! Depending on the lights you choose, they can make or break the ambiance in the backyard. String lights are available in all colors and lengths to accommodate any style or size. Hang them across fence posts, from the roof of an overhang, or spread out from one central point, or even in zigzags over a seating area. Aside from string lights, there are also other fun alternatives you can find online.
- Plants: Gardening will keep you busy and bring some life into your yard. You’d be surprised at the beautiful gardens people grow in even the tiniest spaces with a little ingenuity so don’t let space, or lack of, detract you from planting a few blooms, ferns, or succulents.
- Rugs: Pick out a cool outdoor rug to add some color or style to the center of your patio. Add some plants and chairs around to create a functional oasis with a relaxing feel. Combining a garden with some nice lighting and a rug could really tie your yard together and they’re some of the simplest ways to decorate your yard
- Standing structure: If you have the space, budget, and patience for larger renovations or additions to your yard, you can always opt to build a gazebo, trellis, or pergola in your yard. These structures provide a shady place to sit and entertain guests on a nice Maryland summer afternoon or evening.
- Build a fountain: Installing a fountain can be a lot of work, but the results can make all that work worth it! The tranquil sounds of running water can be the perfect antidote after a long day when all you need is a moment of meditation. The soothing sounds will also make this a great spot to sip your coffee or tea in the morning or read on a calm afternoon.
Whether you’re want to get crafty with items you already own or you want to start completely fresh, decorating your backyard is a great opportunity to design your perfect oasis, a wonderful space to host parties and entertain guests, or both!