Things No One Tells You About Moving To Texas
Everyone knows the famous phrase, “Everything’s Bigger in Texas,” and it tends to be true. When you and your family are moving to Texas, you’re sure to find great Mexican food, large cowboy hats, big trucks, cowboy boots, cacti, barbeque cuisine on every corner, and country music on every radio. As one of the top-rated neighborhood moving companies in Corpus Christi, our team of Corpus Christi movers wants prospective Texas residents to get in on some of the fun facts that only locals know.
What to Know About Moving to Texas
The first step to feeling more like a local in your new city is to become familiar with all that happens around town. Our residential Corpus Christi movers can share some things you ought to know before moving to Texas so that you can fit in.
1. High school football is a big deal. Friday Night Lights isn’t just a popular television show – it’s a lifestyle. Make sure your family has gear for the local high school football team and mark your Friday nights in the fall as booked.
2. If you have a daughter in high school – figure out what a “mum” is and make the biggest one possible during homecoming week, after moving to Texas.
3. Yes, you may know that Texas is hot -- but it is a heat like no other. If you are moving to Corpus Christi, this rule may not apply to you since it is close to the beach and breeze, but you can expect everywhere else in Texas to give off a dry heat. Drink lots of water.
4. Much like number three, local moving companies suggest that you prep yourself and your family on heatstroke prevention so that no one passes out while unloading hefty moving boxes. Water is key!
4. Texas can have a quickly changing climate. If you are moving to Texas and think that you will need to get rid of all your winter clothes – think again! Texas can be hot, cold, rainy, and windy all in one day! Save those sweaters and jackets in your closet so you can pull them out when you need them.
5. Authentic tacos are not like Taco Bell and Chipotle -- they are way better. Trust us, you’ll see!
6. You can find chips and queso just about anywhere -- and margaritas, too -- after moving to Texas.
7. The entire state of Texas is big on craft beer. Once you move to Texas, you will also find that you can only purchase one single beer at the grocery store, rather than an entire case.
8. People who do not live in Texas tend to be unaware that Texas has beaches. If you are moving to Texas, you should know that Corpus Christi is home to the famous Mustang Island State Park and beach, North Packery Beach, Padre Island Beach, Whitecap Beach, and McGee Beach. Make sure you pack a bathing suit and sunscreen!
9. You can find southern hospitality all over the state. Texans are some of the most well-mannered people you will ever meet, which is why many people move to Texas and areas like Corpus Christi -- and they never move away.
10. If you think that Texas is a huge desert, our Corpus Christi movers want you to remove that image from your head. Picture beautiful, well-kept cities, water, and amazing scenery. Texas residents know that the state is more beautiful than those who do not live in Texas can ever imagine.
11. The regional snack is Beaver Nuggets. Try them -- you won’t regret it!
You can trust the experienced Texas moving company, All My Sons Moving & Storage, to help you get settled into your new Texas town. Call us today for your free, no-obligation quote to get started!