Rating 4.6

Texas Resident Guide for a New Corpus Christi Transplant

Moving to a new city is a scary and stressful experience. As fun and exciting as it can be, there are a lot of responsibilities that need to be taken care of in order for everything to go smoothly. If you are like most of the population and you are moving on your own, meaning you aren’t having someone take care of every little thing for you, here are some tips to help ease the transition. If you are moving to the Sparkling City, here are some ways to make your life a whole lot easier.

After you have everything for your new home figured out, you’re going to need to get everything figured out with your car and your Texas residency. The first thing that you need to do is head on to the local DMV, most people go to the one on SPID in between Greenwood and Crosstown. Out of the copious amount of documents that you will need to change, getting your car registered in Texas is one of the first things you need to do. You have 30 days to do this from the time you move into the state, and you have to do it before you can get a Texas driver’s license. Registering your car means that you have to get a vehicle inspection and have proof of Texas car insurance.

Once your car is all taken care of, the nest step is to get your ID/driver’s license sorted out. For this you have 90 days to get your new address and everything, but you have to make sure that your car is registered first. If you already have a valid driver’s license from another state and you are over the age of a8, you do not have to take the knowledge test or the driving test. This is also the case if you are from a U.S. territory, Canada, France, South Korea, or Germany. If you have a valid license but you are under the age of 18 you are required to take the road test but you are exempt from the knowledge test. If you have a valid learner’s permit from any other state or country listed above, you are required to take the driving test but not the knowledge test. To sum it all up, if you already have a license, are over the age of 18, and come from one of the locations listed above, you are in the clear. If not, you will most likely have to take some sort of test to get your Texas driver’s license.

Don’t let your move to Corpus Christi get the best of you. Be sure to keep up will all of the documents required and do your part to prevent any issues. Moving involves a lot of paper shuffling, so the best thing you could possibly do is stay on top of everything. Nothing is worse than starting off behind. Get ahead before things get too stressful.