5 Family Activities in South Austin
There are plenty of fun and educational things to do with your kids in South Austin. If you have just recently moved and are looking to plan a great family outing, our South Austin movers can tell you all about family activities in South Austin. Whether you and your family enjoy spending the day indoors or outdoors together, there’s something on this list that is sure to bring a great time to all!
Our South Austin residential movers know that moving can be hard on kids. We want to help you and your family transition into your new home and city with no stress. Trust us to take care of your packing and moving needs with our South Austin packing services while you explore some of the amazing and fun family activities in South Austin.
Places To Go With Your Family In South Austin
1. Thinkery. Thinkery is a children’s museum that offers many different fun and interactive exhibits for both you and your children to enjoy. This museum introduces kids to STEM-based subjects like science, technology, engineering, and math. The fun and approachable way this is done will not only teach your kids but also keep them entertained for hours. You can take your whole family, no matter the age range of your kids.
2. South Congress Bridge Bats. Did you know that Austin is the home of the largest bat colony in the U.S.? Take your kids to learn about the world of nature while watching the bats fly from under the Congress Bridge. You can see the nearly 1.5 million Mexican free-tailed bats from March to November. The bats take off at night for their dinner, so the best time to get there is just as the sun is going down.
3. Mt. Bonnell. If you and your family enjoy outdoor activities, then hiking to the top of Mt. Bonnell will be the perfect activity for you! Mt. Bonnell is the highest point in Austin, with an elevation of 190 feet. Enjoy counting the steps to the top to see the amazing view of Lake Austin.
4. Zilker Park. Zilker Park is a 300-acre park in Austin, perfect for all kinds of activities, tossing the football around, flying a kite, or having a family picnic. Zilker Park is a popular tourist attraction in Austin, so there will be lots of other kids for your kids to play with, too. Enjoy a book under the shade of the trees while your kids run around or visit the Austin Nature and Science Center
5. Austin Nature and Science Center. For another hands-on learning experience with your kids, visit the exhibits at the Austin Nature and Science Center. Admission to the center is free and your kids will learn about the natural world through exhibits of dinosaur fossils and a wildlife rehabilitation facility. If you would like to have some free time, the center also offers a day camp during the summer for kids.
Our South Austin local movers are happy to take care of your packing and moving needs while you get to know South Austin. Take the time after you move to check out some of these fun family activities in South Austin. Trust us to take care of your family’s belongings, as if they were our own! Contact us today to get started.