12 Surprising Ways to Use Your Attic
Instead of taking the usual route and using your attic as a place to throw all of the items that have no designated place, why not try something different? Whether or not you are packing and moving to a new home with an attic, or just looking for ways to improve upon your extra space, then you are in luck, because there are tons of options out there for turning your attic into a unique and functional space. At the end of your attic transformation you will wonder why you did not think to utilize your attic sooner!
- Upgraded Closet. Turn your attic into a giant walk-in closet and use it as storage for your off-season wardrobe. Go the extra mile and have custom drawers and shelves built in; that way, finding what you are looking for will be a breeze. Not only that, but you will no longer have to worry about running the risk of having your clothes get ruined in storage.
- Yoga Room. Have you always wanted a yoga or meditation room but never had the space? Well, it turns out that an attic is the perfect place to finally build one. The extra amount of space will have you feeling calm and centered in no time.
- Game Room. Imagine inviting your friends over for a fun-filled night of games and surprising them all with a hidden game room in your attic! If you have enough space, you can even put a pool table in there, in order to maximize the potential for a good time. Also, for families with children, this is a great option for when you need quiet time. Just send them right up to the game room, where they can make all of the noise they want and you will barely have to hear a thing.
- Craft Room. Do you have an affinity for doing Pinterest projects, but lack the necessary room to keep all your supplies? Well, turning your attic into a craft room is a great option for you. You can even add built in shelves in order to keep everything neat and organized.
- Library. Nothing says quiet time like turning your attic into a library. It turns out that the awkward attic dimensions are also conveniently perfect for bookshelves.
- Movie Theater. Now we’re talkin’! Your attic will, without a doubt, provide the perfect dark and cozy atmosphere that movie theaters call for. It also will prevent interrupters from ruining your movie watching experience.
- Extra Bathroom. What family does not need another bathroom? Transforming your attic into an extra bathroom will also increase the resell value of your home for the next time you plan on moving.
- Home Office. Turning your attic into a home office will prove to be the perfect place to turn off outside distractions and focus on work.
- Play Room. Kids will have the time of their life while parents can relax, knowing that the mess they make is confined to the attic.