Tips to Throwing the Ultimate San Antonio Christmas Party
This holiday season means holiday parties, lots of them! Trusted San Antonio moving company has over 20 years of experience moving families during the holiday season, and we suggest ringing in the holiday season with this holiday party checklist, so that you can throw this season’s best San Antonio Christmas party!
- Guest List. Who will you be inviting to your holiday party? Is this a family function, a work event, or a little bit of both? Deciding on how many people you will be inviting is the first step to planning a party, because this will determine the venue, food, and beverage costs. An important question to ask yourself is how much family you have, how many coworkers you have, and how many friends you have.
- Next, you will have to decide on your venue. Depending on how many people you are having, we recommend either hosting it at your home (saving you money) or renting a private venue. Hosting it at your home is a great option if it is big enough to do so, and can accommodate your guest list. If not, then there are numerous venues that you can rent out for the evening. Most restaurants have private rooms available that can be pretty affordable; they will typically charge by person and by plate. Shop around at local San Antonio restaurants to find the perfect restaurant for your party.
- Food. If you choose to host your Christmas party at home, then food is much more affordable and there are a lot more options. You can cook yourself, ask others to cook, or even have it catered. If you choose to rent out a restaurant, then the food will have to come from them directly...obviously. However, this also means that you will get to taste test the potential items on the menu and who would not enjoy doing that? Once you have chosen food you can get to selecting what kind of spiked holiday drinks to serve.
- Alcohol…the fun part! Take into consideration exactly who has RSVP’d to your party and then decide if you want to create a specialty cocktail for the special evening, or if you would like to suggest that everyone brings their beverage of choice (BYOB). If you decide to have the party at home, then you have the option of going to a discount place like Costco and stocking up on beer and wine, at a reasonable price. If you decide to forego playing bartender and leave it to the professionals instead, then have the venue come up with a fun holiday themed bar package for you and your guests. Even if your party is at your new San Antonio home, you can splurge and hire an exclusive bartender.
- Secret Santa? Depending on the size of your party, throwing in a few games like Secret Santa, White Elephant, or Pin the Tail on Santa, will make it clear to everyone that they just arrived for a night full of fun.
On behalf of All My Sons Moving and Storage of San Antonio, we wish you and your family a very happy and fun San Antonio Christmas party this holiday season!