Preparing Your San Antonio Home for Spring
Spring has sprung in San Antonio, and it is time to get your home prepped and primed for the season! Most people take this time to do their “spring cleaning,” which is great, but you should also shift your home and outdoor areas to be more functional for the season. Your San Antonio packing and moving company knows a thing or two that will have you enjoying your home and the fresh air in no time!
- First thing’s first; open the windows in your home and change your air filter. This will get fresh air circulating and pumping throughout your house.
- You should also take this time to test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, and replace their batteries if they are low. If your home uses gas and you do not have a carbon monoxide detector, get one! Better safe than sorry this spring, since most people enjoy cooking and grilling more outside.
- For your outdoor area, plant some colorful flowers if you have a green thumb.
- If gardening is not your thing, there is still plenty that you can do to freshen up your outdoor digs. Start with your outdoor furniture; give it a good scrub down with some soapy water and your hose. If some pieces look old or rusty, give them a fresh coat of spray paint. If your outdoor décor has cushions, use a bit of detergent to wash out dirt that has built up throughout the year. If cushions or outdoor pillows are damaged or dirty beyond repair, toss them! There is no sense in holding onto something that no one wants to sit on.
- While you are outside, you should clean your grill so that it is ready for spring barbecues. The colder weather can be rough on a grill, especially if it was not turned on for months at a time, so show it some love! Stock up on propane too.
- Replace your outdoor bulbs so that it is easy to set the mood. Use energy-saving bulbs while you are at it!
- Your gutters probably get ignored all year long, but do not procrastinate! Although you are already getting your hands dirty from other cleaning, you should definitely wear gloves for this project. Gutters can get pretty gross, but it will be worth it, because this spring cleaning project can save you a lot of money down the road.
- Now for the front of your home. If you want to make a statement, try painting your front door. And we do not mean to repaint it white or beige. Try something a bit more daring; like a red, forest green or even a teal, depending on what your neighborhood would allow. Make sure to choose a color that compliments the color of your home, along with the door’s trim. This will make your home look much more bright and inviting. You might also want to polish the handle and hinges. Adding some seasonal potted plants and flowers and a new welcome mat will really tie it all together.
- Adding fresh mulch throughout the front and back yard will make your home look fresh and spring-like. It is fairly easy to do, too.
Spring is a great time of year to enjoy your San Antonio home, especially the outdoor areas. Take advantage of the wonderful weather and the company of your family!