Get Your Home Ready to Show
If you are getting ready to put your house on the market, there are a few things you can do to increase the likelihood of getting a good offer. While cleaning and paint touch-ups are important, you can move your house quicker by doing basic home improvement projects that will not break your bank. If you want to schedule San Antonio movers to help you relocate soon, try doing some of these tricks.
Assess your home. Are there certain rooms that appear a little dated? Maybe you still have that plush pink carpet in the bathroom. Perhaps your kitchen flooring is an old, scuffed vinyl. You would be surprised what a new floor can do to an old room, and you do not need to install pricey, high-end products. Instead, try:
- Using laminate wood flooring where possible
- Opting for a laminate floor that gives the appearance of tile in the bathroom
- Install tile flooring yourself to save some money
If the floors aren’t a problem but you think the room still needs some polish, consider simple do-it-yourself changes. You can typically make a trip to the hardware store and spend an hour or less doing the following:
- Installing new, upgraded faucets
- Getting new light fixtures
- Repairing any dripping faucets or unsightly holes
Increase Your Curb Appeal
One of the first things you will hear from your real estate agent is that your home should have good curb appeal. This means that if someone drives up to your house, they have a positive feeling about the space before they even get out of the car. A few basic tasks can go a long way toward helping boost your home’s outdoor appearance. Consider:
- Regularly cutting and edging the grass
- Repairing or repainting any siding that looks damaged
- Keeping your garage door closed or repair a broken garage door
You can go above and beyond by planting new, fresh flowers along walkways or in your landscaping. You might consider resealing the driveway if it is in your budget and you can easily do it yourself. Lastly, put a fresh coat of paint on your front door to create a welcoming environment.
No matter what size your house is, it is always a good idea to allow for rooms to appear bigger. Having too much space is rarely a concern buyers list. You can help expand the look of a room by moving out big, bulky furniture and going minimalist on décor. Consider:
- Keeping your kitchen counters free of appliances and items
- Having a garage sale to get rid of items you no longer need and donating items you cannot sell
- Organizing your closets and keeping them free of junk or clutter
Before you call the San Antonio movers, you need to make sure your house is in order and ready to show. A few small tricks, like painting your kitchen cabinets, can make your home look and feel brand new without putting in the major investment. Do as many of these projects as you can in order to save yourself money on the work. When in doubt, ask your real estate agent where you can make improvements that will help sell your home quickly and for the right price.