Family Friendly Festivals in Seguin
What better way to get your family better acquainted with your new home in Seguin, than by attending the town’s much-anticipated festivals? Turn packing and moving into something to look forward to for the whole family by checking out these one-of-a-kind festivals. All you have to do is scan this list that your Seguin movers have put together and get ready to make fun-filled memories with your family at your new hometown.
- Pecan Fest Heritage Days. Once a year, Seguin locals come to celebrate pecans with a giant party for the whole city. Everyone that comes to the Pecan Fest Heritage Days can get ready for a fun-filled day celebrating the pecan growers from the area, and the community’s rural heritage. Take a break from moving and get ready to enjoy the parade, tons of arts and crafts vendors, demonstrations and exhibits, a street dance, car show, and even a pecan pie bake-off!
- Guadalupe County Fair & Rodeo. Are you moving to San Antonio and your kids have never seen a rodeo before? Well, now is their chance! At the Guadalupe County Fair & Rodeo, get ready to witness some of the South’s best barrel racing, bull riding and team pinning. Afterwards, watch competitors face off in a hot dog eating competition, learn how to square dance, try some of the delicious food from local restaurants and even get up close and personal with some of the local farm’s prized animals!
- Freedom Fiesta. Just in time for the Fourth of July, the Freedom Fiesta at the Central Park in downtown Seguin is the best way to celebrate Old Glory. During the first week of July, the whole family can enjoy food, games, a town parade and musical entertainment – all for free. Just don’t forget to unpack your moving boxes to find your best red, white and blue outfits!
- Seguin’s Annual Holiday Stroll. Kicking off every year on December 3rd, Seguin’s Annual Holiday Stroll kicks off downtown and continues throughout the whole city. The whole family will enjoy trying all of the different types of food from the vendors, taking pictures with Santa, watching the homemade floats go by, and listening to the Seguin High School band play.
- Grape Stomp. On August 1st, get ready to kick off your shoes and join in on some barefoot grape stomping fun! Make your own footprints on a one-of-a-kind t-shirt, while feeling the grapes in-between your toes in an unforgettable experience. Afterwards, enjoy an Italian meal with spaghetti and meatballs, a tossed salad, bread, dessert and two glasses of wine. Trust us, this is an event you will not want to miss once you move to San Antonio.