Changing Your Address Before Moving to San Antonio
Moving turns very stressful somewhere between the packing and unpacking, organizing, returning your Comcast box, and loading and unloading your life. While local San Antonio moving companies can alleviate some of that stress by making sure that your belongings arrive at your new home in one piece and in a timely manner, the rest of the details can easily fall by the wayside when you are busy repainting walls and buying another roll of duct tape. One of the most important aspects to moving is remembering to let everyone know about your new address. Luckily, we have outlined a simple and easy list to make sure that you change your address...before you lose important mail.
- Alert the Post Office. Probably the most important step on the list, you will want to change your address at the post office so that the new residents at your old home do not receive all of your pen pal letters. You can easily do this by submitting your address change on the internet or by phone. If neither of those options work for you, you can also fill out Form 3575, the official mail forwarding address change order.
- Make a Checklist. While having your mail forwarded will ensure that all of your future mail goes to the right address, you might want to make a checklist of items that you should be receiving via postal service, so that nothing goes missing. This could include banks, credit card companies, doctors, utilities, magazines, club newsletters, your employer, the IRS and any other personal mail.
- Driver’s License. One of the least fun things that you have to do when changing your address is changing your address on your driver’s license. This usually means that you will have go to the DMV and do it in person. Make sure to get there early, the earlier you are, the closer you are to the front of the very long line!
- Have someone do it for you. Genius! If having to make sure that all of your mail gets to the right place overwhelms you, have no fear, there is someone that can do that for you! The Better Business Bureau can provide information on what company to use and also supply you with the companies' reviews. Not only can you arrange to have your address changed, you can also have them cancel magazine subscriptions and disconnect utility services.
- Small Details. When you have to change your address, once you get the main tasks out of the way, you will want to pay more attention to the other details of your move. Update your return address stamp labels so that they go to your new home. Also, make sure to change your address on your luggage tags and any pet identification tags. If you have children, you will have to change the address registered with them as well. Furthermore, any stationary, business cards, bank checks, or any other printed material that has your address on it will need to be updated, too.
While no one usually looks forward to moving, you still want to make sure that you have everything taken care of before you move to San Antonio. You wouldn't want to miss out on any coupons with extra great savings would you?!