6 Reasons Why Millions are Moving to Texas from Overseas
Half of the ten fastest growing cities in the United States are in Texas, but why? According to new figures from the US Census Bureau, Texas hot spots like Houston, San Antonio, Austin, Dallas, and Fort Worth have seen a population increase of over 1,000,000 in just one year, and these migrators are coming from not only all across the United States, but are also moving from overseas. Local Texas moving companies are thrilled that so many people are moving to San Antonio and other large cities from overseas, and have found the reasoning behind the numbers.
A study conducted by the U.S. Census Bureau from July 1, 2011 to July 1, 2012, found that some of the Texan population boom is due to more people being born as opposed to passing away. Moreover, San Antonio movers concur with the census’ 6 other reasons why people are moving to Texas from overseas, so check them out:
1) Jobs – the oil and gas boom has resulted in exponential job growth throughout the entire state, but especially in the state’s major centers like San Antonio, who fell in the number two spot for Texas cities experiencing a population increase.
2) It’s inexpensive – once people move from overseas to San Antonio and the other Texas meccas, they are able to secure a job and then afford to live comfortably. Unlike other large cities in the United States – like New York, Los Angeles, and San Francisco, moving to Texas is much more affordable. Especially when an international move is so expensive, moving to a state with a lower cost of living and higher median household income, ensures that international residents can live more of the American Dream they strive for.
3) Housing Availability - not only is Texas more affordable, there is also an abundance of land and residential property, making it easier for international residents to find a home in the state.
4) Choice – when moving to Texas from overseas, people have the choice of which big city they would like to move to, not like other states. Take Illinois for example, if you are looking to move to a big city, your only choice is Chicago. Texas is home to six of the nation’s 20 biggest cities; from San Antonio to Houston, Dallas to Austin, or Fort Worth and El Paso.
5) Family-friendly – people tend to move to San Antonio because it is family-friendly, and so is Austin. There is an abundance of things to do with children in the area and people from all over the world flock to these two cities in order to enjoy the big-city perks, with a small-town feel. Some have even described Austin as not-so Texas-like; meaning that it is not what you would typically expect from a Texas city; Austin is laid-back and environmentally friendly.
6) People come and people stay – the influx of newcomers may be large, but the amount of people leaving Texas is small. According to the latest figures from the Pew Research Center, Texas is the “stickiest” state in the country, and local moving companies move more people into the state rather than out. In fact, more than three-quarters of adults born in Texas still live there.
San Antonio is the second fastest growing city in Texas, and our moving companies are proud to move families from all over the country and internationally to our state. If you are looking to make an international move to San Antonio, let All My Sons help make it easy and stress-free, so that you can go find your dream job, find your dream home, and finally live the American Dream here in Texas.