6 Reasons Why Millions Are Moving to Texas from Overseas
Half of the ten fastest growing cities in the United States are in Texas. According to new figures from the US Census Bureau, Texas hot spots like Houston, San Antonio, Austin, Dallas, and Fort Worth have seen a population increase of over 1,000,000 in just one year. These new Texas residents are coming from both the United States and overseas. Our San Antonio corporate movers have cited the following six reasons for moving to Texas from overseas.
- Jobs – the oil and gas boom has resulted in exponential job growth throughout the entire state. This is especially true for San Antonio and has earned the city the number two ranking for Texas cities experiencing a population increase. Additionally, many nationwide companies have established headquarters in and around major Texas cities. For example, Toyota headquarters has significantly contributed to job growth in Texas.
- It’s inexpensive – take advantage of affordable cities in Texas. Once people move from overseas, they are able to secure a job and afford to live comfortably. Unlike other large cities in the United States – like New York, Los Angeles, and San Francisco, moving to Texas is much more affordable. Moving to a state with a lower cost of living and higher median household income is especially beneficial when an international move is so expensive.
- Housing Availability - not only is Texas more affordable, but there is also an abundance of land and residential property, making it easier for international residents to find a home in the state. Don’t see a house that fits your needs? Flipping or Building your home is quite popular in Texas.
- Choice – Texas is home to six of the nation’s 20 biggest cities. When moving to Texas from overseas, people have the choice of where they would like to live. The state of Texas is so big that you’re not limited to one area. Take Illinois for example, if you are looking to move to a big city, your only choice is Chicago. In Texas, you can choose from San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Austin, Fort Worth, El Paso, and more.
- Family-friendly – people tend to move to San Antonio because it is family-friendly. There is an abundance of activities for children in the area. Families come to Texas to enjoy the big-city perks with a small-town feel. This is especially true for Austin, with its laid-back mentality and eco-friendly efforts.
- People come and people stay – the influx of newcomers may be large, but the amount of people leaving Texas is small. According to the latest figures from the Pew Research Center, Texas is the “stickiest” state in the country. In fact, more than three-quarters of adults born in Texas still live there.
San Antonio is the second fastest growing city in Texas, and our movers in San Antonio are proud to move families from all over the country and internationally. For those that are unsure of how to move to Texas, trust our professionals with over two decades of moving experience. If you are looking to make an international move to San Antonio, let our San Antonio commercial movers help make it easy and stress-free. Call our Kenedy movers for a free moving quote!