Six Decorating Mistakes to Avoid When Moving to Salt Lake City
For most, using Salt Lake City movers to get settled into their new home is exciting and brimming with the potential to make a brand new start. However, for others it is also littered with the possibility of making decorating mistakes in your new Salt Lake City home.
In order to avoid making the wrong choices when it comes to choosing how to design the interior of your home, make sure to check out this list from All My Sons Moving & Storage Salt Lake City of six decorating mistakes to avoid when moving.
1. Forgetting the foyer. When deciding what decorations go in which room, don’t forget to include your foyer. It’s the first impression that your guests get of your home, so you want to make sure that it is not forgotten. You can even add simple details like a bold mirror or beautiful painting in order to make a statement right from the start.
2. Adding too many patterns. There is such a thing as too much of a good thing, and choosing multiple patterns for one room is a great example of that. In order to avoid your home from looking too busy, choose one main pattern and keep all other decorations solid.
3. Installing the wrong lighting. Different rooms mean that you need different lighting. Installing dimmer light switches are a great option to be able to control the mood and feel of each room. You also want to make sure to analyze what the room’s main function is, such as making the decision of whether or not you will want to add under-cabinet lighting in the kitchen.
4. Putting on couch covers. If you are trying to protect your couches, then avoid using those bulky plastic covers. Instead, opt for a chic throw pillow or blanket that you can drape over your couch and have act as an accent piece instead.
5. Forgetting your windows. When decorating your home, it can be easy to forget about the windows. However, leaving your windows bare is the fastest way to make your home feel dark and uninviting, which is the opposite of what you want after your Salt Lake City movers finish settling you and your family into your new home.
6. Not using color. While neutral colors are classic and complement everything, they do not take full advantage of the decorating possibilities throughout your home. If you are scared to add too much color, then try painting an accent wall. The great thing about painting a wall is that you can always paint over it again if you decide you don’t like it.