Moving How-To For Newlyweds
Meeting the person that you are meant to spend the rest of your life with can be an exciting time. You plan a wedding and then it comes time to eventually buy a home together. As if the stress of planning your wedding was not enough, combining all of your assets and belongings and moving to Memphis can be even more stressful. Buying and moving into a new home can cause a lot of tension in your relationship, but it does not have to.
All My Sons of Memphis has a helpful moving how-to for newlyweds. After all, you should enjoy moving to Memphis and begin to finally settle down together.
1) Buy a home that you can spend forever in. The first thing that you want to make sure that you and your spouse do is make sure that you are being reasonable about the home that you are moving into. Do not buy a home that you can afford but is in an area that you would have to move out of if you decide to have children. Make sure that you take into consideration potential lifestyle changes that would affect where you live and what you can afford. Make sure that you can afford your mortgage even if one of you loses your job, gets injured, or goes on maternity leave.
2) Once you have found the right home and have set a moving date you will need to start packing. Start getting rid of any duplicate items. You can sell the extras on Craigslist or donate them to your local Goodwill store.
3) Stock up moving supplies ahead of time. If you are recently married, have been receiving items from your wedding registry, and are already planning on moving into a house, keep the items in their boxes to make moving easier.
4) Decide who's name the bills will go under. One of you will need to set up utilities, cable, internet, and water prior to your move, so that you have lighting and air conditioning when you move in.
5) ALWAYS remember to communicate and to communicate effectively. Take a moment to discuss any issues, flesh out plans together, and make sure that you both are on the same page so that you can avoid conflicts.