Interesting Facts About Louisville, Kentucky
When moving to a new state, it's not easy fitting in right away. One way to combat the anxieties of moving is to learn about the place you will now call your home. Don’t worry if you are preparing for a move to Louisville, KY, and don’t know much about the city. The Louisville residential movers of All My Sons Moving & Storage want to help by sharing some interesting facts about Louisville, Kentucky.
What Is Louisville, Kentucky Known For?
The Louisville local movers want you to feel right at home when you move. First on our list of interesting facts about Louisville, Kentucky, is what the city is most known for. With these wonderful facts, you’ll be able to strike up a conversation easily in Louisville.
Louisville is Known for the Following Things:
• The home of Muhammad Ali and the Kentucky Derby.
• The birthplace of Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC).
• Louisville Slugger baseball bats.
• Being the headquarters to six Fortune 500 companies.
More Interesting Facts about Louisville, Kentucky
Maybe you’re not moving to our beautiful city, specifically, but want to know some interesting facts about Louisville, Kentucky, and its home state. Our professional Louisville movers still have more to share!
• Kentucky is the 26th most populous state.
• Kentucky is best known for its horse racing.
• Moonshine was born in our state.
• Kentucky is the home to many bourbon distilleries.
• A large amount of coal is mined in our state.
• There is a high volume of auto manufacturing in Kentucky.
• Kentucky is famous for its bluegrass music.
• The University of Kentucky has one of the best college basketball teams.
• Kentucky is one of the top producers of tobacco.
• The name Louisville is a tribute to King Louis XVI, who supported the American colonists during the Revolutionary War.
• Because of its proximity to the Ohio River and low-lying land, Louisville is prone to flooding. The worst flood was in 1937, submerging 60% of the city.
• Louisville is also prone to tornadoes.
• Churchill Downs was originally called the Louisville Jockey Club.
• The Kentucky Derby’s signature drink is the Mint Julep.
• Kentucky invented The Old-Fashioned cocktail.
• Louisville makes more disco balls than any other city in the country.
When you’re ready to make your move to Louisville, let All My Sons Moving & Storage help! Call us today to schedule your move and see why we are considered the best full-service moving company in Louisville. With over 20 years of experience, you can trust not only our interesting facts about Louisville, Kentucky, but that we will be sure to treat your family like ours!