Popular Ponte Vedra Venues and Marketplaces
With summer just around the corner, chances are you will be looking for extra activities to spend doing throughout the warmer months. Whether or not you are moving to Ponte Vedra or just looking for some new activities to entertain your kids, check out this list from your Ponte Vedra movers for a whole slew of fun, new activities to look forward to this summer.
- The Catty Shack Ranch. Known as “North Florida’s Longest Operating Sanctuary,” Catty Shack is an organization that provides safe and loving homes to endangered big cats; such as: tigers, lions, cougars, leopards, bobcats, arctic foxes and coatimundis. Bring your kids to visit and learn about these majestic animals and they’ll be wanting to come back all summer long.
- Riverside Arts Market. Described as Ponte Vedra’s premier destination for art lovers, treasure hunters, music fans and foodies alike – Riverside Arts Market is the most fun you can have for free in this area. Every Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. - come check out the over 100 artists that come to show off their talents.
- Art Walk. On the first Wednesday of every month, you can check out local artists and food from all over Northeast Florida. They have everything from handmade accessories, painting, sculptures, to mixed media and recycled art.
- Sun-Ray Cinema. Movie and tv show bingers can finally rejoice – because Sun-Ray Cinema will quickly become their favorite go-to theater this entire summer. What can be better than free popcorn, local beers on tap, fries, shakes and wine – oh, and not to mention showings of the Walking Dead every Sunday?
- Castillo de San Marcos. If you are looking to expand your horizons and explore this summer, then take a trip southbound along the east coast, and take a day to explore Castillo de San Marcos in St. Augustine. There, get re-familiarized with your history and check out beautiful views of St. Augustine from the top of the fort’s walls.
- St. Augustine Lighthouse & Museum. Continuing with the summertime adventures, explore the historically haunted city and all of its ghostly offerings, by taking the lighthouse ghost tour and learning about all of the shipwrecks that the shores of St. Augustine and the light house has laid witness to.
- Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens. With a mission “to engage and inspire through the arts, gardens, and education,” the Cummer museum has everything from old masters to contemporary art; with an interactive children’s wing to explore as well. Not only does the museum offer something for the whole family, they also offer free admission on Tuesday’s - so you can experience the museum on any kind of budget!
- Florida Theatre Jacksonville. Since the revamping effort in 1983, more than 4 million people have seen over 4,500 events at this venue. Originally opened in 1927 as Jacksonville’s largest movie theatre, the theatre was designed for both stage shows, as well as moving pictures. It is this unique blend of artistic mediums that sets this theatre apart from the rest.