Your First Thanksgiving in Your New Home
Kick-off the holiday season by following these helpful hints on how to throw the ultimate Thanksgiving dinner in your new home!
1) Decorate your dining room table: Display warm and inviting colors that incorporate a theme of red, orange, yellow, and brown. Allow the colors to reflect the dishes that you will be serving and implement them into the centerpiece and place settings. Create a beautiful centerpiece of fall flowers, pine cones, small pumpkins, squash, and get either a red, orange, yellow, or brown table runner to match. You can even create a warm and cozy ambiance by lighting small votive candles. When deciding what to do for individual place settings, opt for fall themed plates and napkins.
2) Decide how many guests to invite based off of how much space you have in your major living areas. You will want everyone to be able to fit comfortably in the living room and around the dining room table. If there are a lot of small children, you can create a smaller dinner table so that all of the adults can sit together. Since this is the first Thanksgiving in your new Kansas City home, you may want to invite as much family first and then see if you have room for your closest friends or next-door neighbors to join.
3) Create your menu: Turkey, stuffing, and cranberry sauce are the token meal items of Thanksgiving. However, you can make them mouthwatering and leave your guests wanting to know your recipe secrets by adding or changing a few extra ingredients. Add some flair to your cranberry sauce by adding Grand Marnier, apples, or pears. Break the traditional mold of sweet potato pie or pumpkin pie and bake a Gingerbread cake.
4) Pair the right wine: the traditional Thanksgiving wine is Pinot Noir, perfectly paired with turkey or stuffing. A refreshing white wine like Pinot Grigio nicely accommodates dishes with lots of flavor, such as mashed potatoes and gravy. For the perfect wine to pair with sweet treats, opt for a Riesling.
5) Save paper and send Thanksgiving eCards as invites!
The thought of hosting your first Thanksgiving dinner can be overwhelming, especially in a new home, but it certainly does not have to be. All My Sons of Kansas City wants you and your family to enjoy the holiday season in your new home and give thanks for your new home, in your new home. If you are moving to Kansas City before Thanksgiving, let your local movers help make your move easy and stress-free so that you can start planning the first Thanksgiving in your new home.