Top Destinations, Activities and Venues in Boulder
After Boulder movers finish unpacking and reassembling your furniture in your new home, you and your family may be looking for some things to do in order to get out of the house. Sometimes, it isn’t easy figuring out what the best places are to experience your new city, especially a city as large as Boulder that has so many tourist attractions, activities and venues for locals. Thanks to local Boulder movers and TripAdvisor, the following 15 locations are rated the absolute best things to do in Boulder. Make a list and make it a family goal to visit one place per weekend for the first couple of months after you move in. This way, your family can get acquainted with their new town, you can enjoy designated family time, and your children will feel better about moving to Boulder.
Get to loving Boulder and check out these 15 locations:
- Flatirons – for a scenic hike of the flatirons and plains.
- Chautauqua – the oldest running Chautauqua venue for hiking and the occasional concert.
- Pearl Street Mall – described by one user review as “cute,” this is a shopping and dining area that Boulder moving companies suggest for a day out in the town with your family.
- Eldorado Canyon – this hiking destination features short waterfalls, lots of rocks, and breathtaking views.
- Front Range Ride Guides Ltd. – the number one mountainous terrain bike tour in the city that is recommended by Boulder movers and packers.
- Colorado Shakespeare Festival – rated as a “must do in Boulder”, the Shakespeare Festival holds outdoor plays much like those of the Greek era in amphitheaters.
- Boulder Creek Path – take a break from mountainous hiking and enjoy this outdoor park trail that features rolling landscapes and city life.
- Flagstaff Mountain – go down Baseline Road and see the “dropped jaw” view just at the beginning of Flagstaff Road.
- Escape Games – Room escape games are all the rage as of late, and Boulder has two venues for you to encounter this unique experience at Enigma Escape Rooms and Mystery Box Ltd.
- National Center for Atmospheric Research – For an educational family destination after moving to Boulder, this venue is free and has interactive exhibits where children can learn about climate change, on top of having a beautiful location.
- Avery Brewing Company – described as “clean, friendly, and informative,” this is number one eatery on our list, followed by Boulder Beer Company and Mountain Sun Pub & Brewery – for the top eats in Boulder.
- Fiske Planetarium – rated as one of the best places in Boulder for family education, Fiske Planetarium has laser robots, fascinating displays and an atomic clock.
- Boulder County Farmers Market – not just a place to purchase your fresh fruits and veggies, the Boulder County Farmers Market also serves amazing meals like dumplings with lime, soy and cilantro.
- Balloon Rides – Although there are numerous biking and hiking trails to view the breathtaking views of Boulder, nothing quite does it like a hot air balloon ride. For the ultimate scenic tour of your new hometown, a hot air balloon ride will create what many say is a “lifelong memory.”
- Dairy Center for the Arts – explained as being “a Boulder Gem,” this Boulder venue shows independent and foreign films, has an art gallery and theater and dance spaces.