225-230-2404

 
Rating 4.4

Long-Distance Moving Tips

As you’re planning your move to Baton Rouge, especially from a long-distance, it can seem quite daunting at first. You may be worried about all the things that can go wrong between your move from your old home to your new one. On the flip-side, moving long distance can go extremely well if you carefully plan everything out and take some factors into consideration. Check out some of the following tips to help you move to Baton Rouge, disaster-free. If you’re looking for our professional movers to help you move long-distance, contact our Louisiana movers to help you move, hassle-free!

Plan Out Your Move

When moving to Baton Rouge, you may have to transport your belongings for hundreds, or even thousands of miles. With this much distance, it’s crucial to start planning out your move. Create a spreadsheet where you can write down how you’re going to plan out your move, from start to finish. If you don’t know how to start planning your long-distance move, you can give our long-distance move checklist a look to give you a sense of how to plan out your move. Planning out your long-distance move can be quite time-consuming, so you can also contact our Louisiana moving company to save you some time. Being an industry leader, our long-distance movers will get your belongings transported damage-free and on-schedule.

Insure Your Belongings for the Long-Haul

When you pack your belongings properly to move long-distance, the last thing you’d expect is for them to become damaged during the transport. Nevertheless, your belongings are still subject to wear and tear during the move. While moving is considered a high-risk business, no claims are filed for over 80% of all moves.1 This leaves only 20% of all moves, nationwide, insured. Don’t be in the 20%. Anything can go wrong during the move and with proper coverage, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your belongings are covered.

Keep Important Items on Your Person

While you move to Baton Rouge, always keep important documents and items with you. Documents like your social security card, birth certificate, and passport should be kept in a small bag with you. Such documents are important to keep on hand as you look for a new job or start a new one.  Also, create a bag for clothes, toiletries, and other personal items as you wait for our Louisiana movers to bring all your belongings to your new home.

Make Our Louisiana Moving Company Your First-Choice

Moving long-distance can be quite a challenge. However, when you choose our long-distance movers to help you move to Baton Rouge, you can rest-assured that all your belongings and equipment will arrive to your new home safely. For decades, All My Sons has been moving families and businesses of all sizes all over the country. Don’t wait until last minute to start your long-distance move. Contact us today for your free, moving quote!

Sources

[1] American Moving & Storage Association – About Our Industry