Moving to Atlanta in 1 Week
There is nothing quite like the stress of moving. Seriously, moving is considered one of the most stressful events that a human being will deal with during their lifetime. So, when your boss turns around and asks you to relocate to another city, state, or country for work, there is no doubt that you are going to be overwhelmed with just the idea – and you haven’t even started packing yet!
Since moving with very short notice is not common, there are not that many moving tips out there that cover how you can get it done, get it done efficiently, and get it done with less-stress. If you are moving to Atlanta for work and you have to complete your move within one week, here are tips to make it as simple as possible.
- In the event that you have to hire an Atlanta mover last minute, make sure that you find the right company to do the job. Since you are moving to Atlanta in such a short amount of time, you are going to want a trustworthy moving company to be on time, quickly move your belongings without a scratch, and transport them to your new location safely. Top Atlanta moving company All My Sons recommend that when doing research online, you read the reviews online, check their licensing and if there are any complaints filed with the Better Business Bureau, and only settle for an at-home moving quote so that you are not blindsided by additional charges that can cost you hundreds.
- Regardless of how trustworthy your Atlanta movers are, there are some items that you should never have any stranger move. Those items include important paperwork, family heirlooms, and your most expensive small belongings like jewelry. Pack all of your most precious belongings into an unlabeled box, making it less likely to be stolen if you clearly label it “valuables.” This should also be the first box you pack, and the very last that you put in your vehicle. Never leave this box in your car overnight either, or you could find your car broken into in the morning.
- Moving short notice does not leave you a lot of time to get all of your bills and utilities switched over, as well as change your address. However, you will definitely want to call your electric and cable companies in your moving destination and have services at your new location turned on so that you and your Atlanta movers have A/C while moving your stuff in. If you are moving to Atlanta from out-of-state you may have to research the utilities companies that are the most popular in Georgia.
- If you are moving to Atlanta in one week, you should start gathering as many packing supplies as you can. Either purchase moving boxes, packing tape, and permanent markers from a local store, or try to get free boxes from local hardware stores or grocery stores.
- Pack one room per day. Since moving with such short notice can be overwhelming, pack one room per day the week of your move so that it never seems as if you are spending an entire day packing your belongings.
The easiest way to move to Atlanta in less than one week is by hiring an Atlanta full service mover to pack all of your belongings straight from your dresser, closet, and cabinets, as well as disassemble your furniture and reassemble it once you reach your new Atlanta residence.