Tips to Throwing a Successful Thanksgiving Dinner Party
Thanksgiving is a time for friends, family, and of course…giving thanks. Show your friends and loved ones that you are thankful for them this year by throwing the ultimate Thanksgiving dinner party. All My Sons of Atlanta want you and your family to make the most of the holiday, so here are some helpful tips to throwing a successful Thanksgiving dinner party in your new Atlanta home.
- Decide how many people you wish to invite. If you are planning an intimate gathering then you can research some simple Thanksgiving recipes to do yourself. If you are planning on having a larger get together, you should cook the bigger items such as the turkey and maybe mashed potatoes, and ask your guests to bring a side dish or desert. Another helpful hint: cooking your turkey will take a couple of hours so prepare that first and get it in the oven, and then make your mashed potatoes and decorate if desired.
- Clean a few days ahead of time. A few days before your Thanksgiving dinner party, clean your home, pick up some fresh flowers as a center piece for your dining room table, and grab some holiday scented candles at the store. Getting your house prepped for company before the day of your dinner party will help you feel more relaxed the day of, so that you can prepare the meal, prepare yourself, and finish any last minute touches.
- Create your menu. Turkey, stuffing, and cranberry sauce are the token meal items of Thanksgiving. However, you can make them mouthwatering and leave your guests wanting to know your recipe secrets by adding or changing a few extra ingredients. If you have a large family that loves to fight over who gets the last drumstick, switch it up a little bit by opting for individual hens. Add some flair to your cranberry sauce by adding Grand Marnier, apples, or pears.
- Plan some activities for your family and guests. To keep your Thanksgiving dinner party from getting dull, have a few activities planned as “party savers”. Have a board game or card game ready
- Prep the day before the party. Things such as brining the turkey, chopping up vegetables, or making pies or deserts should be done the day or night before your Thanksgiving dinner get together. This will give you time to relax and allow you to mingle with your guests.
- Party Day! If you followed the steps above, this day should be a breeze. All you should have to do this day is throw the turkey in the oven and do last minute candle lighting and putting flowers in vases. Your guests will think that you are the hostess with the mostest when they see that it took no time for you to throw together a beautiful Thanksgiving dinner party…little do they know that you just know how to plan in advance.
If you are moving to Atlanta before Thanksgiving, let your Atlanta movers help make your move quick, easy, and stress free so that you and your family can enjoy the holiday season and throw a Thanksgiving dinner party that your new neighbors will envy by following our helpful tips!