6 Atlanta Spots on the Chattahoochee
If there is one thing that everyone who lives in the South absolutely loves, it is outdoor adventures! Running deep through northern Georgia and metro Atlanta, the tumbling whitewater of the Chattahoochee River (the Hooch) is packed with outdoor fun for families living in Atlanta. Moving to Atlanta does not mean the constant hustle and bustle of a big city, and Atlanta movers’ number one favorite thing to do is spend a day exploring the wonders of the Chattahoochee.
The following are activities on the Chattahoochee for Northern Georgia:
- For an 8-mile adventure, hike the Appalachian Trail southbound from Unicoi Gap to Chattahoochee Gap, where you will reach the river’s headwaters at a trickling spring.
- Just south of the Chattahoochee Gap, the river runs wide and shallow through Alpine Helen. Alpine Helen is a German themed village that also makes a great place to tour through while enjoying your day visiting the river. You and your family can take a break from moving and spend the day floating the Hooch on tubes for some well-needed relaxation after moving.
Exploring the Chattahoochee through Metro Atlanta:
- Visit Chattahoochee Bend State Park and hike through the pine forest, along the river’s widest banks. Climb the observation tower for breathtaking views of the Hooch and wildlife.
- Hike an area that fell victim to thieves in the 1940s, Jones Bridge Park’s 4-mile loop, and discover the remains of an old metal bridge that used to traverse the river over one hundred years ago.
- Take a break from moving and experience the wonders of the beautiful bamboo forest of East Palisades. East Palisades is one of Atlanta’s most popular hiking destinations, and it is all thanks to the running whitewater, rich wildlife, high-elevation bluff for sightseeing and the bamboo forest that runs along the river’s rocky banks.
The Hooch in Southern Georgia:
- For the most thrilling Chattahoochee experience after moving to Atlanta, endure a heart pounding, tumbling whitewater-rafting ride on this area of the Hooch located in southern Georgia.
Make the decision of moving to Atlanta one of the best decisions you have ever made, and let local moving company All My Sons Moving & Storage take care of your move from start to finish. Our professional movers have been moving families for over 20 years and can guarantee the best moving experience. That way, you can get out in Atlanta and visit the Hooch for a relaxing whitewater ride.