5 Tips for Selling Your Home without a Realtor
Selling your home can be a tedious and time consuming process, but if you choose to forgo using a realtor there are some things that you need to be prepared for leading into listing your home. The Birmingham local movers know that there are a few things you need to do as prep work for leading into listing your home and then some steps along the way that you will need to be expecting in order to have a seamless, stress-free experience. Read on to learn our tips and how you can sell your home on your own rather than giving a commission to a real estate agent.
How to Sell Your Home
1. Determine if you are really up to the challenge. While it will result in you keeping the brunt of the sale price, it is a LOT of work. Depending on the state of the local market, the condition of the home you are selling, and your workload, the process might be too much for you. Really weigh the pros and cons and see what makes the most sense for you and your unique situation. An experienced realtor has a network of partners to help promote the property, has experience with open houses and listings, and might be able to move the property sooner.
2. Pick the right asking price. Even if you handle the process alone, there are still steps you will need guidance on, like choosing an asking price. Finding the right price means researching the local market and seeing what comparable homes are listed for, and if your home belongs above or below that. Taking an honest look at the home is key—if there are areas that must be repaired and will require labor on the part of the new homeowner, then take that into consideration.
3. Attract attention & pique buyer interest. Now, home sellers have a huge game changer with the Internet. While some listings turn buyers off, like bad or no pictures, vague descriptions and poor aesthetic maintenance, some listings have infinite power thanks to the web. Listing online requires work, and it is ideal for you to use a professional camera to take photos and also to provide a lot of information. Buyers who are interested in a property online will be more excited and anxious to see it in person.
4. Schedule showings. Once people start asking to see the property, you need to give a small window for interested buyers to make it seem like the demand is already high and you are fitting them in. To drop everything and let them come over right away would be poor practice for your campaign. Set up a small window each week where people are allowed to stop by. This will also keep the showing from becoming too overwhelming on a daily basis.
5. Get help with the paperwork. When it comes to contracts, legal documents, and other aspects of transferring the property title, get experts to help you
Once you find your way to selling your home, Our team at All My Sons Moving & Storage is ready to assist you every step of the way. Contact us today to start the moving process and receive a free, no-obligation quote.