From haunted hayrides, corn mazes, walking trails, to scream parks, there is no shortage of haunted attractions in Alabama around Halloween!
Alabama locals will not be strangers to this list, but for those who will be moving to Birmingham or its surrounding cities this October, visit these 5 hot spots for a spooky welcoming.
Fun October Activities in Birmingham
- Insanitarium is one of the best zombie fun houses in Alabama. Located just minutes outside of Birmingham, the charity based community attraction is one of the top Halloween haunts the state has to offer. With a story line that describes how the property had served as a mental facility for the criminally insane, each October the zombies return and massacre the locals and tourists. Just $10 will get you in to experience blood, torture, horror, and death.
- Haunted House of Horrors is the go-to place for the undead and mass murderers to lurk. The 40,000 square foot house also offers food, beverage, and a Zombie Paintball Shoot, but beware of the ax murderer following you.
- Darkwood Farms Walking Dead Maze will keep you on your toes as Alabama’s featured haunted corn maze. The maze will make your fears come to life and keep you running and screaming for your life.
- Fields of Fear Hayride is central Alabama’s only haunted hayride attraction. A 25 minute ride horror-packed with professional lighting and sounds from your favorite horror movies and legends. This haunted hayride is sure to make your skin crawl.
- Sloss Furnace is a retired pig-iron production facility built in 1880. Although it closed in 1970, it has re-opened as Sloss Fright Furnace due to its recorded number of paranormal activity after countless workers were killed or maimed from accidents, explosions, and some say even murder. With paranormal activity recording back to the 1920s, sounds of steam blowing and even actual physical assault are rumored to have taken place in the old facility. Featured on Ghost Adventures, Ghost Hunters, and Scariest Places on Earth, Sloss Fright Furnace draws locals and tourists in on Halloween for an extra special spook.
Birmingham Moving Company
Among other things to do for Halloween while living in Birmingham are the Smith Farms Corn Maze and Pumpkin Patch, CornDodgers Farm Haunted Trail, Springville Pumpkin Patch, , and Atrox Factory. All attractions are suitable for children, but some require them to be accompanied by adults so be sure to check out the attractions’ websites for ticket sales and prices, and age restrictions.
Whether you move in the summer or fall, our team at All My Sons Moving & Storage has seen it all. Call upon us to get the best service in the moving business and receive a free, no-obligation quote.