Tips for Cleaning Your Tulsa Home
Whether you just moved into your new Tulsa home, or you have lived in the same house for a while, you will need to do a thorough cleaning every so often. With the spring season right around the corner, your Tulsa relocation specialists wanted to give you some great home cleaning hacks and simple tips to tackle some of your toughest messes.
- Nook your sponges in the microwave for two minutes to kill germs and prolong the life of your sponges.
- Are your cabinets covered in grime? No? Look closer! To clean them, scrub them down with vegetable oil and baking soda. Works like a charm to remove dirt and oil that splatters when cooking.
- Baking soda can also be used in conjunction with hydrogen peroxide to rid your baking sheets of cooked-on grime.
- Did you buy new dishes or glassware for the house, but they have really sticky price tags? There’s a simple fix! Add a little Oxyclean to some warm water, and let your new dishes soak for about 30 minutes. Those annoying little labels will float right off.
- Rub your faucet with wax paper to prevent water stains and finger prints.
Bedroom and Family Room
- Clean that dusty fan with a spare pillow case. By slipping the blade inside the pillowcase, you trap the dirt so it won’t fall onto your face. Genius!
- Remove carpet stains with a simple mix of hydrogen peroxide and dish soap. This mixture will get rid of even the toughest stains.
- Clean out your window’s tracks with a little white vinegar and some q-tips.
- Clean your blinds by soaking the bottom section of an old tube sock in equal parts water and vinegar. Slide the wet sock on your hand, and clean those blinds!
- Use slices of lemon to clean your shower fixtures. It will remove hard water stains and keep your shower bright and shiny.
- If some of your furniture has some shallow, superficial scratches, it is pretty easy to remove them. Mix equal part olive oil with equal parts vinegar, and scrub the mixture onto the furniture’s surface with a small towel. The results should be instant.
- Do you have a microfiber couch that is pretty badly stained? Well, before you toss it, try cleaning it! Pour some rubbing alcohol into a spray bottle and really saturate the stain (it won’t leave a watermark!) Scrub the area with a white sponge (make sure to avoid a colored sponge). Once the area is dry, use a white bristle brush in swirling motions to soften the now stiff material. It really works!
- Use toothpaste for dirty and stubborn grout. Let it sit for about 15 minutes, then wipe it away. It will make your grout look a heck of a lot better. If you’d like to go an extra step, use a Clorox Bleach Pen in your grout.
- To clean your shower head, tie a large freezer bag full of vinegar around it with a rubber band.
- Cut off a piece of a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and let it sit in the toilet overnight. This will remove that unsightly toilet ring without scrubbing.
Deep cleaning your new Tulsa home can be a big project, but with the help of your Tulsa moving company, we think you will be able to tackle the project no matter how dirty your home is!