Throwing a Memorial Day Party to Remember
What better way to invite people to your new Tulsa home than by hosting a Memorial Day barbecue? It is the perfect opportunity to show friends your new digs, meet the neighbors, and cook up some delicious grub on the grill. If you are thinking about throwing a Memorial Day party in your new home, let your Tulsa moving company lend you some of our favorite barbecue recipes and DIY decorating tips! Your party will be the most patriotic (and delicious) on the block!
Memorial Day is synonymous with barbecue, and it is a sign that summer is around the corner. When planning your menu for your Memorial Day party, take your barbecue game to the next level with these tips:
- Everyone loves a grilled cheeseburger, but they are expected. Wow your guests with creative shish kabobs, like a balsamic steak and tomato creation. Simply marinade chunks of sirloin steak in a mixture of equal parts balsamic vinaigrette and barbecue sauce, with a teaspoon or two of Dijon mustard. Alternate steak and juicy cherry tomatoes on a skewer, then grill them up to your liking.
- You can also try barbecue bacon cheeseburger kabobs, which will make mouths water! These are actually baked. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Mix up about a pound of seasoned hamburger meat, with about a half pound of cooked and chopped bacon. Then, mix in a cup of shredded cheddar cheese with a cup of barbecue sauce. Separate into one-inch balls, place on a baking sheet, and bake for 20 minutes. Once cooked, add the balls to skewers and alternate with cherry tomatoes, pickles and thick slices of cheddar. Yum!
- Your sides should be classic and simple. Guests may bring side dishes too, so be sure to have a little extra room on your picnic tables. Opt for sides like bakes beans, potato salad, and coleslaw. A large summer salad may also be a good idea with hearty tomatoes, avocado slices, and even corn.
Decorating your new Tulsa home for Memorial Day is probably a lot easier than you think. A little red, white, and blue can go a long way. You likely have plenty of items in your home that you can re-purpose for your Memorial Day party.
- Adding a patriotic wreath to your front door will set the mood for guests as soon as they arrive. If you already have a simple wreath, add a small flag or red, white, and blue garland.
- If you have a big spread of food, adding simple American-themed decorations will make the party much more festive. Paint a few mason jars red, white, and blue (or even striped red and white), and place all white flowers inside.
- To hold plastic silver wear, paint tin cans red, white, and blue. Or, you could leave the tin cans as-is and purchase red, white, and blue utensils.
Your Memorial Day party will definitely be a hit with the right food and vibe. Make sure to invite your new neighbors, because Tulsans are very friendly!