15 Inexpensive Ways to Upgrade Your Tulsa Home
If you are moving to Tulsa on a budget, Tulsa movers has some tips and tricks for decorating at a reasonable price. You won’t only be saving money, but also adding your personal touch to your new home.
- Spruce up your laundry room – Add a pop of color to the walls or cabinets and suspend an inexpensive chandelier from the ceiling, to instantly upgrade the look of your laundry room. Especially if you have a family, you spend a lot of time in this room, so make it enjoyable.
- Wallpaper parts of a door – Use the leftover wallpaper you have lying around on a door in your Tulsa home. If you have a paneled door, try wallpapering the panels themselves and leaving the framework alone.
- Get a new doorbell – If you are going to be expecting visitors once you move to Tulsa, invest in a new doorbell. It is something that your mover and all guests see, and it is easy to change out.
- Create a doorway display – Buy a shelf and paint it to match the trim of a doorway. Hang the shelf right above the doorway so it’s resting directly on the trim of the doorway. Place anything from pottery to pictures on the shelf.
- Clear the kitchen counter clutter – Install a built-in soap dispenser next to the sink to get rid of soap bottles that can be an eyesore. A tip from local Tulsa movers – the idea once you move into a new home is to eliminate the clutter you may have had in your previous home. Use your new home as a fresh start with clean and simple living.
- Paint your front door a vibrant color – Colors like red are warm and welcoming, and immediately upgrade your Tulsa home’s entryway and curb-appeal.
- Exchange boring doorknobs with more original pieces – Instead of plain brass doorknobs, try using ones that are made of different colored glass or porcelain. Sometimes, it is the small details that make a house a home.
- Dress up a pedestal sink – Add a patterned or solid-colored fabric skirt to the basin of a pedestal sink. This will allow you to hide things like toiletries underneath.
- Use window boxes – Let new neighbors know that you have moved into your Tulsa neighborhood, by displaying window boxes filled with bright colored flowers.
- Swap out switch plates – change out plastic switch plates in the dining room and living room with designed metal ones; it will give both rooms a more sophisticated look.
- Mount a ceiling medallion – accent your beautiful dining room chandelier with a paintable medallion. It will add a stylish level of decoration to your ceiling.
- Hang a new mirror – Whether in the hallway, bathroom or bedroom, mirrors make spaces appear brighter and bigger than they actually are.
- Get creative in your kids’ rooms – Tulsa movers suggest utilizing wall decals to make kids’ bedrooms more directed towards their individual tastes. This will help them feel more at ease about moving to Tulsa.
- Replace bedside table with a make-shift shelf – Use vintage-looking corbels and a piece of shingle or wood to place across the corbels, to create a beautifully distressed piece of furniture that doubles as a bedside table.
- Paint your porch – painting the ceiling of your porch with a light blue hue, gives you and your guests a more spacious vibe.