A Breakdown of Common Moving Costs
Moves are big. They require time, hard work, and patience. It’s ideal to take the necessary steps to save money during your moving process, but costs can add up fast. The professional moving team at All My Sons Moving & Storage will provide you with a free moving quote. However, there are many additional expenses associated with moving that everyone should be aware of.
Here are some factors to consider before moving to Chapel Hill
- The time of year. Moving prices fluctuate depending on the season. Since most people move during the summer months, prices are higher. If you want to save money, consider moving during winter or spring.
- How much stuff you want to move. This plays a big role in the total cost of your move. Most companies will charge you by the weight of your items.
- The distance of your move. Naturally, a long-distance move is more expensive than a short distance move.
The following are common moving costs that people tend to forget about:
- Fuel Charge: a charge associated with the cost of fuel required to operate the moving trucks transporting your possessions. Your Chapel Hill moving company will include this in your quote, so you won’t see any surprises from us.
- If you asked your movers to disassemble or reassemble your furniture or appliances.
- If for some reason you ask your movers to make an extra stop to pick up more of your things, it could result in added moving costs. The Chapel Hill movers at All My Sons suggest combining all your items before calling your moving company.
- If your movers have to go up and down stairs or elevators, it could make the moving process longer and a little more difficult, so you could see an extra moving cost on your bill for the hassle and time.
- Third-party charges are common. These occur when you need your movers to handle specialty items like antiques that would require a third party for assistance.
Once your movers have your items, there are further costs associated with moving, including
- Moving services and gratuities
- Moving insurance
- Packing supplies
- Storage unit rentals
- Air fare
- Food, drinks, snacks, and gas required to travel to your new location
If you are moving to an apartment in Chapel Hill, consider these additional moving costs:
- Application fees
- Security deposit
- First and last month’s rent
- Pet fees
There are many common moving costs that people tend to forget about. By communicating with a reputable moving company such as All My Sons Moving & Storage, you can work together to determine a fair estimate for your move so you aren’t shocked when the bill arrives