Why Omaha Is the Best City for Millennials to Move to
Sure, plenty of families have been using Omaha movers for the past 25 plus years, but lately a different demographic has been hiring the services of All My Sons Moving & Storage.
Millennials have been relocating from near and far in order to immerse themselves in what has been called by numerous sources “one of the best places for young professional” – Omaha. This Nebraska city may not be the first place that pops up in your mind when thinking of trendy places to live, but we assure you, plenty of millennials are using Omaha movers to relocate for a good reason.
Curious as to what makes the Gateway to the West so great? Then simply check out this list that will explain exactly why Omaha is the best city for millennials to move to.
- While the national rate of unemployment is 4.9%, Omaha has a much lower unemployment rate of 2.7%.
- There is a strong presence of large businesses, specifically one for every 810 residents, along with plenty of small-to-medium businesses, with one for every 52 residents.
- Omaha is headquarters to a group of Fortune 500 companies, affectionately referred to as the Fab Five. The group consists of Berkshire Hathaway, ConAgra Foods, Kiewit Corporation, Mutual of Omaha, and Union Pacific.
- Along with multiple Fortune 500 companies already setting up shop, Omaha has a thriving startup scene. As of late, your Omaha movers have relocated millennials coming to work for Big Omaha, a regional start-up conference, and Silicone Prairie News, a Midwestern-focused tech new blog.
- Omaha jobs are projected to grow at an annual rate of 2.8% thanks to the large population of small to large businesses, leaving plenty of opportunities available for millennials using their Omaha moving company to relocate here.
- The median pay for college-educated workers ages 24 to 34 is $51,400.
- Subsequently, Omaha has also been ranked as one of the most affordable cities to live in, considering that the cost of living is 6.5% less than the national average.
Hate to say we told you so, but – we told you so. But don’t take our word for it, there are plenty of locals ready to reassure you as to why Omaha is the best city for millennials to move to. Take Sarah Wernimont, manager of talent and workforce for the Greater Omaha Chamber, for example. Sarah recently shared that, “People here want to see young professionals succeed. Because the market is smaller you can have those opportunities, but I think the perception is that you lose, maybe the livability or cool factor you get on the coasts. But that’s not the case at all.”
For those millennials ready to take the next step in securing their future, give All My Sons Omaha a call today.