Spruce Up Your Backyard This Summer
It’s somewhere you either love to be and entertain family and friends, or avoid all together because of over-growth and clutter. Regardless of how you feel about the space behind your home, there is always ways to transform your backyard into a place where you can have fun and relax. Omaha movers have a few tricks that will help give your backyard a facelift and have you spending more time in the outdoors of your new home. No professional landscaper needed!
- Choose the right patio furniture – A lot of people think patio furniture isn’t that big of a deal because it sits outside and becomes weathered. But, what’s the point of having outdoor furniture if no one wants to sit in it? If you are interested in encouraging outdoor gatherings, pick up patio furniture that is comfortable and matches the outdoor theme you are aiming for. If you already have patio furniture, Omaha movers suggest that you replacing the cushions and spray painting it to give it a fresh look.
- Light it up – Use light fixtures such as decorative solar lights, low lights, porch lights and wall-mounted lights to illuminate your backyard past sundown. Lighting is an elegant way to add to the ambiance of a space, especially in your backyard where it could become extremely dark and uninviting.
- Encourage activity – After moving to Omaha, think about adding a porch swing, rocking chairs, hammock or tree swing to your backyard. Things like this will invite people, young and old, to step outside and engage in relaxed movement where otherwise would be stagnant space.
- Reconsider outdoor structures – Sheds, barns and green houses are perfect places to rethink how you use your backyard space, especially if these buildings have turned into storage units for useless clutter. Since Omaha moving specialists always recommend downsizing the belongings you no longer use, try clearing out items and making the space useful. For example, with a little bit of fresh paint and some cleaning tools, that old shed could be turned into the perfect play room for your kids or workshop for your husband or wife.
- Make a path – Pathways will invite guests to explore your backyard, as paths suggest that they lead somewhere to something. Even if you don’t have a large yard, a creative path will be visually appealing and add to the flow of your backyard. Get artistic with your pathways by using colorful tiles or pavers, large pebbles or even materials that have been recycled like bottles.
- Pick out the right plants – Save time and money by visiting your local nursery to ask the experts what you should plant in your backyard. Omaha movers have found that planting local flora will keep you from having to consistently water your plants because they can naturally withstand the elements of their environment.
- Incorporate art – Masterpieces aren’t only meant for indoors. Make your backyard space your own by hanging pieces that have been made by yourself or kids. This will add to the creative energy in your yard and make your kids feel at home after moving to Omaha.