Valentine’s Day in Knoxville
When you are new to a city like Knoxville, it can be tough when planning Valentine’s Day for you and your sweetheart. Being unfamiliar with restaurants, venues, and the city layout in general, means you will have to see things ahead of time, look over menus, and most of all…have a plan in place. Luckily for you, your Knoxville moving and storage service providers can offer more than just moving tips. We want you to be well-acquainted with your new city so that you can have a great Valentine’s Day.
Most Valentine’s Day plans involve dinner. If you are making something romantic at home, then you will just need to decide what to cook. But if you want to take your Valentine out for a nice meal, it will require a little bit of advanced planning. Like any other town, you will need to make your reservations in advance, because restaurants book quickly.
- If you are looking for something quaint and elegant, try the Troutdale Dining Room. This upscale restaurant is a restored 1850 Victorian house, and it has real antique charm. The food is outstanding, and it has won the DiRoNa International Award of Excellence award several years in a row. Try the Filet Mignon stuffed with prosciutto and goat cheese, the herb grilled lamb, or the parmesan-crusted filet of trout with a lemon caper butter.
- C&C Bistro is another local restaurant that is plenty romantic. Chef David Franchuck studied in France for years, so his menu includes authentic French meals.
- If you are looking for a bit of entertainment with your meal, head to Sapphire Bar and Restaurant, located downtown. The building is more than 100 years old, so it really sets the mood. Sapphire offers a long list of unique wines, and its food is superb. Try the pear and brie crostini or the sesame seared tuna while you listen to live music.
If you would like to take your date somewhere authentically Knoxville after your meal, choose one of the cities many music venues. Knoxville is known all around the country as a music mecca, so take advantage of what your new hometown has to offer.
- The Jackson Symphony is a full-orchestra, and it puts on performances that will wow your date. The orchestra is in its 53rd season, and it performs all types of music, from the classics, to Big Band, to more modern music.
- If you are looking for something more relaxed, head to the Preservation Pub, located on the historic Market Square. It has a pub-like atmosphere and plenty of live music events. It is a great place to unwind after your Valentine’s dinner with a cold beer, and its rooftop bar is great for a romantic night.
With a little preparation, your first Valentine’s Day in Knoxville can be romantic and successful. Make sure to book your reservation ahead of time, be intrigued by the menu, and get there on time! If you and your date want to do something afterward, you are in a city full of music, so decide what you are in the mood for, and have fun! Your Knoxville movers know that you will fall in love with the city this Valentine’s Day.