What to Do the Month Before Your Move
One month left before your big move! Are you sure that you’ve covered everything you need to do before you move? If not, the Fort Worth residential movers of All My Sons Moving & Storage can help! We understand you have a lot of things to take care of, so trust us to take some of the stress off you with our wide range of moving services. All you need to do is review this list and make sure that you know what to do the month before your move.
Last Minute Preparations For A Move
1. Start going through your items – Moving is the perfect time for early spring cleaning! Why move things with you that you no longer use or need? Moving is the perfect opportunity to sort through unused or unwanted items. Start by making a pile of things you want to keep and a pile of things to throw away or donate. Try to get rid of anything that you haven’t used in over a year.
2. Take inventory – Once you have gone through the things you are keeping and those that you are donating, take an inventory of what is left. This will give you an idea of how many boxes you need to pack everything up and how much of the other packing supplies you may need. If you’re not sure what you need, check out our Fort Worth packing supplies.
3. Begin looking for professional movers – If you are not planning to move your belongings yourself, and if you haven’t done so already, now is the time to begin sourcing professional movers. Shop around for professional and insured movers that offer prices to fit your budget.
4. Pack – Now is the time to start putting things away. Make sure to start your packing with things that you don’t use every day such as clothing for a season you’re no longer in or sporting equipment. Choose where in your home you will want to keep these boxes as well. If you are not planning to pack your own belongings, or if you have things that are too heavy to pack on your own, we offer Fort Worth packing services to assist you with your packing needs
5. Notify the right people – Before you’re completely out of your old space, make sure that you have notified the important people of your move. You will want to contact the Post Office, banks, insurance providers, and other institutions where you have an account or a subscription. This is a very important step you won’t want to forget.
6. Travel Plans – You’ve made sure your belongings are safe, secure, and good to go, but have you figured out how you’re getting to your new destination? A lot of times when people are moving they’re so focused on their belongings that they forget about themselves! Make sure that you have all your important documents, including travel documents, with you before leaving for your move.
Now that you know what to do the month before your move, our Fort Worth Local movers are here to assist you with your moving needs. Contact us today to find out more information about our services and to schedule your moving appointment!