The Perks of Moving to West Palm Beach
So you are moving to West Palm and don’t know what to expect? It is normal to be a bit anxious when moving to a new city. Where will you take the kids on the weekends? What will your new neighbors be like? Are there any good date night restaurants around? Your West Palm movers understand, and luckily, we know the answers to all of your questions!
The Great Outdoors
If you are moving to West Palm from another state, you can start getting excited to be an official resident of the Sunshine State. There is plenty to do outdoors, so get ready for year round fun in the sun!
- You live in a beach community now, so load up the car and have a family day by the sea. You can even start a new hobby like scuba diving, where no effort is needed, as the Gulf Stream will drift your body along the ocean.
- Your new home is riddled with golf courses. If you do not like golf, you might want to keep that to yourself, since Palm Beach County is home to the PGA.
- The Palm Beach Zoo is close by, and it is a great place to spend a Saturday afternoon with your kids. It is home to many tigers, jaguars, and monkeys, and you might even see wild alligators and Florida panthers.
The Rich and Famous
Palm Beach, West Palm’s close neighbor, is home to celebrities and the mega-rich. West Palmers get to enjoy some benefits from its close proximity.
- The annual Palm Beach International Boat Show is worth checking out. It features hundreds of boats and yachts, and there are also lots of other shopping and eating venues ready to cash in on the event.
- The Lake Trail is a great place to take the family for a bike ride (and gawk at multimillion dollar homes across the Intracoastal Waterway). You can also check out historic buildings, like Henry Flagler’s Sea Gull Cottage.
Soak Up Some Culture
West Palm has great amenities and wonderful events. Take advantage of some of the city’s culture.
- The Norton Museum of Art is home to countless works of art. It has a concentration of American, European, and Chinese modern art and photography. The museum frequently hosts events and it is a great field trip for your kids. You can also make it a date night at the museum with Art After Dark. Every Thursday, the Norton Museum hosts a night that includes art, entertainment, cocktails, and music.
- The Kravis Center for the Performing Arts is located in downtown West Palm. It puts on plays, concerts and other shows. It is also home to the Miami City Ballet and the Palm Beach Opera.
Have Some Fun
We could not talk about West Palm without mentioning some fun. The city is full of music, events, and venues that allow you to relax and unwind.
- SunFest is an annual waterfront music and arts festival, and it is the largest of its kind in Florida. The music lineups are always eclectic and it is a pretty easygoing, family-friendly event.
- You will have to check out CityPlace for a night out on the town. It has plenty of shopping, along with some great places to grab a drink and dinner, like Brewzzi, Mellow Mushroom, and City Cellar. There is even a movie theatre and an Improv.
- Clematis Street is generally a younger crowd, but it has great places for date night. Check out Rocco’s Tacos, Grease Burger Bar and World of Beer.
Moving can be a bit nerve-racking, especially when you are unfamiliar with your new neighborhood. It takes some guts to get out there and explore a new town! Once you and your children begin to adjust, we know that you will think that moving to West Palm was the best decision.