Fun Facts before Moving to West Palm Beach
At first glance, moving to West Palm may seem daunting, as it is considered a major city in South Florida. However, the seasoned movers at All My Sons Moving & Storage have some fun facts before moving to West Palm Beach that you may be surprised to hear, like how West Palm is actually a small city. Yep, that’s right – small. The city of West Palm Beach is really only home to just over 100,000 residents, but the influx of those who commute to the city is what makes it seem so populous.
Check out these other fun facts about West Palm Beach:
1. WPB is all about the festivals. The largest waterfront music and arts festival in Florida, SunFest, takes place in the city every May, ringing in the summer! Towards the end of the year, residents enjoy taking Halloween way into the night, with Moonfest.
2. Classy night caps. West Palm Beach is known for its upscale dining and even bars. Classy bars like Ta-boo and Charley’s Crab have popular happy hours where you can enjoy delicious appetizers and fancy cocktails, feeling fancy until the night is over.
3. Flying is more than possible. Palm Beach International Airport is not actually the place to fly into if you are going to or from West Palm from overseas; however, for nationwide flights, this is the best airport in South Florida. Palm Beach International Airport is small and has a simple layout that offers convenience and ease of travel.
4. Presidential Fallout Shelter location. Peanut Island houses what used to be JFK’s nuke-proof bunker, which you can now visit after moving to West Palm, by taking the Captain Joe’s Water Taxi from Riviera Beach Marina.
5. Scuba floating? Scuba diving in West Palm Beach pretty much just means floating along the Gulf Stream, as it will move you on its own.
6. Clematis Street. If you are a young professional moving to West Palm Beach, expect your coworkers and new friends to invite you out for drinks and fun on Clematis Street. Clematis Street is four blocks of restaurants and bars.
7. The Palm Beach International Boat Show. Just south of West Palm Beach is Fort Lauderdale – the yachting capital of the world, also known as the Venice of the United States. Each year, both Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach host massive boat shows that showcase some of the largest yachts in not only South Florida, but the world.
8. The famous Kravis Center. Pretty much every play or major show that you will attend after moving to West Palm Beach will take place at the Kravis Center, which is a beautiful indoor amphitheater.
9. Family staycations. Let’s face it, the reality is that after you move to the Sunshine State, when your family comes to visit, they are not going to leave for quite some time. With endless amount of things to do and sunny weather that can’t be beat, your family will be wishing they could move to West Palm Beach, too!