Moving to Tulsa
If you are new to Tulsa and looking for culturally significant things to do, places to go with the kids, or venues for date night in your new town, you have come to the right place! Your Tulsa moving and storage service company knows the ins and outs of this town.
For the Cultured Tulsan
- Tulsa may be a Midwestern town, but there is plenty to do, no matter what you are interested in. If you are passionate about the arts, the Tulsa Ballet performs year round. Recent productions include: The Three Musketeers and Romeo and Juliet. They even have a ballet school.
- The Philbrook Museum of Art is a wonderful place to spend the day. Housed in an enormous Italian Renaissance villa built in the 1920’s, the museum features contemporary art, along with some European, African and Asian collections.
- If you are into horse shows, the Arabian Horse Association’s U.S. Nationals have been held in Tulsa since 2008. It is one of the largest shows in the world, and it is a pretty big deal here in town.
- You can catch a live show at the Brady Theater. The theater and convention hall is a registered national, historical place, as it was built in 1914 and has plenty of history. It was originally a vaudeville house and auditorium, and its stage has seen the likes of Tony Bennett, Phil Collins, Alice Cooper, B. B. King and Willie Nelson.
- Cain’s Ballroom is another historic music venue right here in Tulsa. It was built in 1924 and has undergone several transformations. Today, you can catch plenty of great acts that come to town.
Take the Kids
- Tulsa is great place to raise a family. The cost of living is lower than the national average, and there are a lot of well-rated schools in the area. There is also plenty to do with the kiddies in Tulsa. You should head to the Tulsa Zoo. It is highly rated, and your kids will love all of the animals on the grounds.
- Turkey Mountain Urban Wilderness Area offers visitors running trails and paths along the Arkansas River. This untouched stretch of wilderness is a wonderful place to take your children. Explore the paths with them and let their imaginations run wild.
- If you have teenagers, the University of Tulsa and Oral Roberts University are great colleges that are close to home. Your kids will get the college experience and still be able to come home on the weekends.
Eat, Drink and be Merry
- If you are looking for fun restaurants and bars, the Brookside neighborhood has plenty of ‘em. Walk through the neighborhood and check out all of the shopping, eateries, and nightlife it has to offer.
- The Blue Dome Entertainment District is the place to go to have a drink. There are martini bars, Irish pubs, Mexican cantinas, and trendy clubs. There is pretty much something for everyone.
If you and your family are new in town, your Tulsa movers know that you will love living here, because there is so much to do for both you and your kids.