Things to Do in Tennessee in October
Fall is a fun time of year to get out and feel the crisp air on your skin. It’s also a great time to visit pumpkin patches and take fun fall photos with your family. There are also lots of autumn festivals and Halloween fun in Tennessee. The Murfreesboro movers of All My Sons Moving & Storage share their list of things to do in Tennessee in October.
What better place to have a fall festival than in Tennessee? The country vibes are flowing and the small-town atmosphere feels extra cozy. Let Murfreesboro give you a break from the move so you can enjoy the fall festivals and Halloween fun in Tennessee.
Fall Festivals and Halloween Fun in Tennessee
There are a few different fall festivals to attend in Tennessee. Whether you like to listen to stories, visit a pumpkin patch, pick apples, or you’re a big fan of Halloween, this list from our Murfreesboro residential movers is sure to have something on it for you!
• National Storytelling Festival – This fall festival celebrates the art of storytelling and is great for anyone who loves to read or simply loves the art of storytelling. Gather to listen to great tellers and enjoy the Midnight Cabaret, Ghost Story Concerts, and the Story Slam.
• Unicoi Country Apple Festival – Join the 110,000 people who attend this festival every year and visit the booths of over 350 arts and craft vendors from all over the United States. Enjoy apple dumpling contests, fried apple pies, and other apple filled treats. The Unicoi Country Apple Festival is a great place to bring the family with its wonderful children’s play area as well as live entertainment.
• Cleveland Apple Festival – This festival is held every year and has a lot to offer—other than delicious apples. Visit the Cleveland Apple Festival and check out the craft show or go for a pony ride or a hayride. This is another great fall festival for the entire family to enjoy. There is an apple talent contest, children’s activities, music, and other live entertainment.
Things to Do for Halloween in Tennessee
If you are moving to Tennessee near the end of October, you’ve picked a great time to move! Halloween in Tennessee is a spooktacular time to explore the haunted parts of the city. If there are no scary events going on in your neighborhood, you can always visit the Thomas House Hotel in Red Boiling Springs. The hotel was the site for three fires, several suspected murders, countless “accidents” and the home of a cult. Book a stay during one of their Ghost Hunt Weekends and take a tour with a paranormal researcher.
Kid-Friendly Fall Events in Tennessee
For less scary and more family-friendly vibes, Murfreesboro long-distance movers suggest visiting other parts of Tennessee. For a fun time with your kids during Halloween, visit the Nashville or Knoxville Zoo for their Boo at the Zoo Halloween event. Go trick or treating, enjoy games, carousel rides, and other fun entertaining activities with your little one on Halloween.
For other kid-friendly things to do in Tennessee in October, check out some of these other activities:
• Pumpkin Paradise Festival
• Norris Dam State Park Fall Color Trip
• Walden Farms Fall Activities
• Wooden’s Apple House
• Mid-South BBQ Festival