What to Expect the Day You Move to Salt Lake City
The big day has arrived. You are packed and ready to move to Salt Lake City and begin a new, exciting chapter in your life. But do you know exactly what to expect the day of your move? If not, no worries. Salt Lake City movers has everything you need to know to get through the first 24 hours of your move and get you smoothly settled into your new home.
- Provide parking for your professional movers - If you’ve hired a full-service moving company, such as Salt Lake City movers, be prepared to let the professionals handle most of the moving and heavy lifting. Before they start loading the moving truck, however, they’ll need to be able to park close to an entrance of your home. Your Salt Lake City moving company will likely load items through your front door or garage so make sure your driveway is clear and available for them to park. If your movers have to park down the street, they may charge an extra fee, called a “long carry charge”.
- Prepare the entrance and hallways – Your professional Salt Lake City movers will need clear pathways in order to move your household items. Especially when it comes to large pieces such as furniture, your movers will be more efficient if they can easily navigate through your home and out to the moving truck. If you hire a professional moving company like Salt Lake City movers, they should bring materials such as mats and rugs to keep your entryway, stairs and halls from damage.
- Evaluate your belongings with your movers – Before your professional moving company relocates anything, they will assess exactly what you have, how much you have and how they will load it into the moving truck in the most sufficient manner. Be sure to complete this walk-through with your movers so you have an understanding of how your belongings will be relocated to Salt Lake City.
- Double check your moving agreement – You will likely be required to finalize your moving paperwork with your Salt Lake City movers, so read all the important details of your move before signing. Double check delivery dates, times and any additional costs for your move to Salt Lake City. If you have questions, don’t be afraid to ask a mover for an explanation.
- Keep a checklist of items as they are removed from your home – To ensure everything is removed from your home and properly placed in the moving truck, use a spreadsheet to take inventory of your belongings. This may be a tedious task, but at least you will personally know what was taken out of your home, loaded up and relocated to Salt Lake City.
- Be prepared to repack if necessary – Professional moving companies like Salt Lake movers know how to properly pack moving boxes to ensure safe travel for your items. With that being said, be prepared to repack any moving boxes that are deemed unsafe for travel. You don’t want anything fragile or breakable to be damaged during your relocation to Salt Lake City.