Exciting, Kid-friendly Activities in Salt Lake City
The only thing more stressful than moving into a new home is moving into a new home in a new city, especially with kids. Parents everywhere know how frustrating it can be trying to keep their children entertained, while simultaneously trying to unpack and organize. If you are moving and your time to research fun places to take your kids to in Salt Lake City is limited, then look no further. Salt Lake City movers recommend taking them (or sending a babysitter) to these eight surefire, boredom-killing fun zones.
- Momentum Indoor Climbing. Not only will your kids burn energy, but they will have a fantastic time doing it. This gym offers numerous youth programs that include the needs of every climber, no matter the level of experience.
- Imagination Place. At this music and movement education center, both children and adults experience affordable, fun, playful music, movement and creative experiences. They offer fun fitness classes, birthday parties, and summer camps as well.
- Jump N’ Bounce. Secretly it is every child’s (and some adult’s) dream to run around a huge room filled entirely with bounce houses, inflatable slides, inflatable toys, and the promise of having the best day of your life. They also conveniently have multiple party rooms; including: the Jungle Room Experience, the Ocean Adventure, the Castle Room and the Space Odyssey.
- Utah Olympic Park. Having hosted the Olympics in Salt Lake City back in 2002, this park offers an incredibly wide variety of activities. Dedicated to fostering the development of the youth’s activity in sports, the park offers opportunities to bobsled, zip line, ski and snowboard, hike multiple trails, and visit the museum.
- Loveland Living Plant Aquarium. As the ninth biggest aquarium in the United States, Loveland features a Penguin Cam, Ocean Explorer Journey to South America, Discover Utah, and Antarctic Adventure exhibits. They also offer daily programs that allow the public to see how they feed the sharks and penguins.
- Dinosaur Park. What child does not love dinosaurs? Following the saying “only boredom is extinct here,” Dinosaur Park offers an exciting collection of creatures; such as: prehistoric crawlers, predators, marine animals and flying reptiles. They even have a Dino Day Camp if you really need to give your movers time to finish unpacking your home.
- Wheeler Historic Farm. Founded in 1853, this farm offers activities like historic house tours, picnics, wagon rides, the chance to milk a cow, plenty of animals to visit, run a 5k, or even bring your dog to walk. Not only that, but they also have events throughout the year; such as: a Halloween Doggie Costume Contest, Festival of Scarecrows, Woodcarvers Show & Competition, Easter Events, Farm Fest, a Summer Camp, Pumpkin Days and a Farmers Market.
- Wairhouse Trampoline Park. Covering over 35,000 square-feet of territory, this park is home to two full-size dodgeball courts, four slam dunk basketball lanes, a huge open jump court, a foam pit, and the largest kid’s court in the country. In total, the Wairhouse has over 15,000 square-feet of trampoline area!