Leawood, Kansas Family Venues
With summer coming up, chances are that you will most likely be looking for something to keep your kids entertained after moving to your new home in Leawood. Just because you are new to the area, does not mean that you will not have plenty to do – or be able to find out all of the best places to go. Check out this list from Leawood movers and discover the best things to do this summer.
- Tapcade. A favorite among locals, Tapcade has beer, food, and unlimited playing time on vintage arcade games for only $5. Think of how many hours of fun your kids will have, while playing their favorite arcade games as many times as they want to.
- Kansas City Zoo. The Kansas City Zoo not only has animals galore, but also has countless events and educational experiences that everyone in the family can enjoy. Explore and learn about animals from multiple locations; including: Africa, Australia and Asia. The zoo has its own KidZone, specifically for kids to better explore the entire zoo. Watch your kids get closer to all types of animals, by feeding lorikeets or watching a sea lion demonstration. Have them jump on the Endangered Species Carousel too, for a ride that they will never forget.
- PowerPlay Family Entertainment Center. Another fantastic place to keep the whole family entertained, is PowerPlay Family Entertainment Center – where they have everything from outdoor go-karts, laser tag, laser maze, bumper cars, bowling, a kiddie Ferris wheel, a kid’s zone, roller coaster, carousel, tilt-a-whirl, a ropes course and other carnival rides. What kid wouldn’t have fun doing any (or all) of these activities?!
- Boulevard Drive In Theatre. Fit all of your friends into someone’s van or bring a bunch of lawn chairs, and relax in the warm summer air while watching a new movie at the drive in theatre. The best part - you can do all of this for only $10 for two movies! In total, they can fit 600 plus cars, with a ton of extra parking throughout the drive-in.
- Union Station Kansas City. A great place to bring your kids if you want to give them a lesson in history, as well as provide endless amounts of entertainment, Union Station Kansas City is a train station that has been the home to many memorable moments throughout history. Considering that during WWII, more than one million travelers are estimated to have passed though the station at one point or another, there are plenty of stories from the days of yesteryear to be shared. Between the three, 3,500-pound chandeliers, interactive science center, planetarium, theater programs and a science city – there is no doubt that your kids will not want to keep coming back time and time again.