10 Best Columbus Suburbs
Moving to Columbus could be one of the smartest decisions you ever made. Seriously – Columbus, Ohio was named as one of the seven most intelligent cities in the world by The Intelligent Communities Forum. In order to move to the perfect area of Columbus, Columbus movers have created a list of the 10 best Columbus suburbs that are popular for families and singles alike.
- Powell – The number one best Columbus suburb rank goes to Powell. With a median household income of $132,598, an unemployment rate of 3.4 percent, and a wealth of amenities for residents, Powell is the perfect suburb of Columbus to move to. Filled with ranch and colonial style home, you can also purchase property that includes more land in this area.
- New Albany – Although Powell is the number one suburb in Columbus, Columbus movers are no stranger to the richness of New Albany. For more of the upper class, with a median household income of $185,076, homes in New Albany go for an average of $463,200.
- Dublin – The suburb of Dublin ties in second place with New Albany, simply because of the amount of local amenities available for residents. The median home price in Dublin is $330,300 and there are over 3,500 combined restaurants, grocery stores, and local shopping and services.
- Westerville – Westerville is just a short 20 minute commute to Columbus and is the perfect Columbus suburb to move to when residents are looking to not be so close to the city life and downtown areas. Westerville has more of a country feel with large private lots and tranquility.
- Upper Arlington – Perhaps the most important piece of information when moving to Upper Arlington is that the city has a high school graduation rate of 98 percent, making it the ultimate Columbus suburb for families.
- Plain City – Plain City is perfect if you are looking to move to a small, village-like area of Columbus. Known to be charming and beautiful, prospective home buyers can expect to find bungalows and farmhouse style homes in Plain City.
- Grandview Heights – This suburb has one of the lowest unemployment rates in all of Columbus, and a wide variety of housing styles to suit every homeowners’ personal style.
- Worthington – For townhomes, colonial, and tudor style homes, Worthington is the Columbus suburb to house hunt in. Residents enjoy shopping at the Shops at Worthington Place, and taking walks in.
- Gahanna – Gahanna is the perfect Columbus suburb for those who enjoy hiking, biking, and wildlife. The scenic Gahanna Woods Nature Preserve and Woodside Green Park are popular parks in the area.
- Bexley – The median household income in Bexley is $93,478 and it has the shortest commute time compared to all of the other aforementioned suburbs in Columbus.
Regardless of which Columbus suburb you choose to move to, Columbus movers know that it won’t take long for you to fall in love with the capital of Ohio.