Boulder’s Best Neighborhoods for Families
There is no question that Boulder is one of the greatest places to live in the entire United States, but some people who are moving to Boulder may be looking to live in certain areas that have features that better suit them. If you are thinking about moving to Boulder and you will eventually be starting a family, or you already have a family, you most likely are house hunting in an area that has a low crime rate, lots of parks and recreation, family-friendly venues, affordable housing, and top-ranking schools.
Regardless of how great Boulder ranks overall as a leading city in Colorado, there are certain areas that rank best for children. The professional Boulder movers at All My Sons Moving & Storage have created a list of Boulder’s best neighborhoods for families.
- East Foothills is centered on Arapahoe Ridge Park and has housing options to suit families with various price ranges when it comes to house hunting. East Foothills is known to be a quiet and quaint Boulder neighborhood that has enough safe, open space for children to play with friends. It is also within close proximity to Pearl St. Mall, downtown restaurants, and bars for date nights for mom and dad. If you move to East Foothills and you have younger children, the neighborhood is zoned for one of the top elementary schools in Boulder, Eisenhower Elementary. Manhattan Middle and Fairview High Schools are where your older children would attend.
- Country Meadows is a Boulder neighborhood that is located just east of East Foothills, making it just as large of a neighborhood as its neighbor. The two neighborhoods combined create a very large percentage of Boulder families residing in the eastern boundary. Country Meadows is one of Boulder’s best neighborhoods for families because of its location, large parks and open spaces, as well as amenities shared with East Foothills. The perk of moving to Country Meadows is that is has significantly lower housing costs than the rest of Boulder.
- Table Mesa South is one of Boulder movers top recommended neighborhoods for families to move to. The neighborhood is home to two parks, including Viele Park, which is one of the largest parks in Boulder. Viele Park contains the South Boulder Recreation Center, which has an indoor pool and fitness center for adults.
- Newlands is an amazing neighborhood in Boulder if you are not on a budget. With the average home costing around $1.2 million, it is an extremely safe neighborhood with access to great schools, but it is definitely not for families who are on a tighter budget.
- Dakota Ridge is a fairly new neighborhood located in the Boulder foothills with modern homes. Dakota Ridge is one of Boulder’s best neighborhoods for families who are looking for a green-living community. Dakota Ridge homes feature energy-saving enhancements and eco-conscious construction plans. The perks of moving to Dakota Ridge include affordable housing, hiking and biking trails, lots of popular restaurants and shopping, as well as public bussing.